Meeting my parents

I sent the following email to my parents:

I love you.
Try to stay out of trouble.

Here are their responses:

MKWF:
WHY?*
I love you.

MMTM:
I love you too! Sorry, it is too late for today but I will try tomorrow if the bus** does not take me first.

I believe that exchange neatly sums up why I am the person that I am.






*I am assuming that my father is asking why he should try to stay out of trouble, and not why I love him.

**Our family euphemism for "death".

Comments

Ashley said…
My family has a euphemism for death too. My young cousin was listening to her mother explain to her older brother what happens when you die. She explained that God comes down and takes your soul to heaven. She piped up with, "But what if I get sky in my mouth?!"

Now we always refer to people having sky in their mouths.