Things to Know about Annie...

She has spent the last 8 years training for the Steeplechase in the Cat Olympics. I don't have the heart to tell her that she probably won't make the team.

When I returned from the hospital, both times, she kept a constant vigil at the foot of my bed, and occasionally she would simply put a paw on my arm and press. I like to think she was checking up on me.

I love Annie's sass, stubbornness, attitude, independence, warmth, and affection.

If it's around dusk or dawn, she almost blends in with my comforter. This has led to several startling moments for both of us.

Annie's "I'm just strolling over here to see what's going on but I'm not going to attempt to dash through the door" walk always makes me smile. I'm not sure if she believes she's being subtle and I won't notice her coming.

I still dislike squirting her with the water bottle when she misbehaves.

She will usually come when I call her name.

Annie's cat sitter and I disagree about Annie's radio station preferences.

After watching The Dog Whisperer I realized that Annie was not getting enough exercise. Once I increased her play time, her behavior dramatically improved.

Even though Annie gives my father birthday cards and Christmas cards and presents, he refuses to give her any thing.

My father does not understand why Annie frequently ignores him.

Annie gives my mother birthday, Mother's Day, and Christmas cards and presents. My mother always gives Annie Christmas and birthday presents.

My mother gets nice presents from Annie.


Annie likes to snuggle up next to me on the sofa or in the overstuffed chair.

I can sometimes deter her bad behavior by asking Annie to come to me. When she does, she gets her ears scratched.

She is afraid of Tony the Roomba, and runs at the sound of other small electronics.

Although Annie will never chase off a burgler, she is an excellent first alert system.

My heart ached a little when my friends rooted for my mother's cat to rough up Annie.

Annie sounds like a perfectly tuned diesel engine when she purrs.

She turns 9 this month and that means she's middle aged.

Comments

TinaP said…
"I love Annie's sass, stubbornness, attitude, independence, warmth, and affection."

Funny... this is the same reason why I love you!
BiblioDiva said…
@GovDocs, You, my friend, are hilarious. I'm not affectionate at all.

@hscfree. Yes. A little diesel engine. A one cat power diesel engine. I guess that's a 1/100th of one horse power.
artemisia said…
"Even though Annie gives my father birthday cards and Christmas cards and presents, he refuses to give her any thing.

My father does not understand why Annie frequently ignores him."

Um,duh, papa! Hee hee.

Oh, this almost makes me want a cat. Almost.
BiblioDiva said…
@artemisia, why don't you like cats?
PettyBureaucrat said…
Have you considered that you and your cat-sitter could both be right?
Maybe Annie has different preferences around different people.
BiblioDiva said…
@PettyBureaucrat What? Both of us be right? That's too much like common sense.