Things I Learned This Week...

If my father needs to take a shower, and there's a cat lounging in the bath tub, he will go use the other bathroom instead of disturbing the cat.

My mother can say, "Tomorrow is another day" and "Fiddle dee dee dee" without me laughing hysterically or rolling my eyes.

A brownie sundae with chocolate and caramel sauces and a little bit of small batch produced honey is as good as it sounds.


I would love to hear suggestions on how to let people know that I'm not going to participate in Mafia Wars or respond to most Facebook application requests. I keep clicking Ignore, is it time to step up to Block?


Being in the passenger seat while someone else drives can cause me to tense up. I will try not to make this an analogy for the rest of my life.


My parents can make me laugh until I'm doubled over, tears are running down my cheeks, and I start to snort.


I can comfortably sleep with two feuding cats at the foot of my bed.


I am subscribed to too many blogs and need to severely prune the list.


I am subscribed to too many of the wrong magazines and need to update some subscriptions.


Three weeks of unread mail is a lot of mail.


I am quite excited about being able to resume exercising and rebuilding my strength and endurance.

I need a miter box, saw, and nail gun for my next home decorating project.

My mother has all of the above items and offered to lend them to me.


I am disappointed that the three hybrid vehicles offered by Toyota do not meet my future car buying needs.


Be it ever so humble, there's no place like my home.

Comments

artemisia said…
How are you feeling?

I need to meet your folks.

I hear you on the Ignoring FB requests and too many blogs. Off to prune!
Alicia Gabriel said…
I don't normally comment on anyone's blog, but I am moved to simply say: THANK YOU for writing.
BiblioDiva said…
Artemisia, you have met my folks. At one of my birthday gatherings at Liane's house.

Alicia, thank you!