Things I Learned in the Past Two Weeks...

Although I had no problems pushing an empty grocery cart, picking up one 13lb cat right after another stressed my stitches.

My mother has started using the verb shank, and instead of being disturbed, it makes me laugh.

My parents did not believe me when I said Annie would not respond well to Phillip.

Phillip is responding to Annie with indifference.

If men responded to beautiful, smart, bad tempered women the way Phillip responds to Annie, the world would be a better place.

My mother likes to asks questions and make declarations such as, "OH! They're married!" during movies.

Instead of offering his arm, my father prefers to grip my arm like a vise when providing support while I'm walking.

Since my surgery, sleeping with a night light has been extremely comforting.

Better Homes & Garden has some interior design ideas that I actually like and will probably use.

If you eat a grape sour gumball, expecting it to be a black licorice gumball, you will be unpleasantly surprised.

Reordering my Netflix queue isn't as fun as it used to be.

Getting my family and friends hooked on Top Gear and Ninja Warriors was more fun than I anticipated.

I have not done as much knitting as I anticipated.

Dirty rice is an excellent source of iron, particularly if it's made with wild rice instead of white.

Hearing the ache in a friend's voice as she contemplates putting her beloved dog down will make me cry.

Southern Living magazine did a profile article on the people of Natchez, MS and managed to not interview one black person.

I am proud to be a Southerner, but believe living further south than Virginia would break my heart.

Comments

hscfree said…
I agree with your last point definitely. And having lived in South Carolina for two years was more than enough to let me know that I was quite proud of being a Virginian (and that is saying something with the history of the Commonwealth).