Making A List...

I normally enjoy making lists. Lists helps me stay focused and organized. Is it on the list? Ok...good, I don't have to remember that. I can refer to the list. Every once in a while the list making becomes an awful mistake. That "once in a while" happened on Thursday.

I started updating my Work List, and I became horrified as the Work List continued to grow and grow and grow. The Work List was something out of those 50s Sci-Fi movies where a normal lizard is doused with a little bit of radiation and next thing you know it's rampaging through downtown Tokyo.

This realization did not inspire me to rise to the challenge. Instead I spent most of Friday in an exceedingly cranky and grumpy mood. I started to churn through the Work List, and I was able to check off a few items. The feeling of satisfaction only lasted until I found another list on a post-it stuck in my calendar. I decided to ignore that list until tomorrow. That is not a coping mechanism I normally recommend, but in this case, I think it'll work just fine.

Comments

hscfree said…
Sounds like you needed Ultra Man to defeat that list rampaging through Tokyo.