Traveling Nap Show

Years ago I read somewhere (how's that for fact checking) that cats sleep 16 - 18 hours per day. From observing Annie I believe the other hours are spent eating, grooming, playing, and walking from one sleep location to another.

Annie has three primary sleep locations, two in the living room and one in the bedroom. I discovered this because I've been working from home over the past few days.

After eating breakfast, she climbs into her basket in the living room. She sleeps there for several hours, then gets up for a stretch. The stretch involves walking from the basket to the kitty condo. She jumps onto the kitty condo, and curls up for some more sleeping. From the kitty condo, she heads to the bedroom for more sleeping. She has to walk through the kitchen to get to the bedroom, so Annie stops for a snack.

As I'm typing away at my lap top, I can hear her slowly crunching her food. I don't believe she's savoring each kibble. Annie only has one fang, so she has to eat her kibble a little bit slowly.

Once in the bedroom, she heads for her third sleeping spot, and curls up for several more hours.

Sometimes she switches it up by sleeping on the bed or underneath a chair. When I'm getting dressed in the morning, she has a quick rest in the closet. I tried to help her out by adding a comfy rug. I guess she didn't like the rug, because she stopped hanging out in that spot. I removed the rug, so I'll see what happens.

Comments