Who does that?

Over the past few months I have watched many hours of HGTV. One of the frequent exclamations of people on the various shows, particularly when they're looking at someone else's home is, "Who does that?" It usually involves a perceived poor choice by the owner regarding some element of their home.

I made my first "Who does that?" choice in my new home. I decided to paint the master bedroom closet a nice soft pink called Sandblast. The color was beautiful on the paint chip. On the walls it looked like Peptobismol.


I was appalled. I was still determined to have a pink closet.

I went back to Home Depot and got a color called Peony Pink. Once again it looked beautiful on the paint chip. On the wall....well...it's definitely pink. A deep, salmony pink. The color is intense. I like it.

And because of the kind of friends that I have, I know they'll look at it, and say things along the lines of, "Wow...um...that's pink." Of course, they'll be thinking, "Who does that?!" even though they'll know who did it. That's not entirely true. I have the kind of friends that will say, "What were you thinking!" and "You'll have to paint over that before you sell" and quite possibly, "Who does that?"

Comments

artemisia said…
Ooooo, pink. You are brave. I bet it looks awesome!
Sarah said…
Fantastic! I had a purple bathroom in San An and loved it.