God bless FOIA!

I'm only on page 5 of this 58 page document and I've already laughed loud enough to startle the cat.

"While watching the world Series. Fox advertised for the Simpson. The Commercial shows a homosexual encounter with an alien. I think this is inappropriate for the audience that would be watching this program."

I'm not as up on my Simpsons episodes as I used to be, so I am left wondering. Were they two male aliens? One male alien and one male human? If it was one alien and one human, shouldn't they be more concerned about an interspecies encounter?

I have questions for this complainant! Questions I tell you!

Comments

artemisia said…
Oh, this is just funny. And it kicks butt that you found -- and are reading -- this document.

58 pages...people need to RELAX.
BiblioDiva said…
I found this document on a Simpsons' fan site. I love the documentation of processing the request. This isn't every complaint made about the Simpsons!

And now that I think about it, the aliens are Kodos and Kang. They're brother and sister. That's not homosexual. That's something entirely else!
Lisa said…
As a librarian for a public library, I accept that People Are Freaks.

As a citizen, I feel bad that the FCC has to employ legions of clerks to take these complaints, fill out that form, and send a "close letter" if needed. And then there's the fact that I had an archives management class and so I know that all these documents have to be preserved, labeled, indexed. . . . The famed warehouse in the Raiders of the Lost Ark isn't full of treasure, but paperwork, surely.

As for the complaintant, knowing that people are freaks, I can easily imagine someone more worried about homosexuality than interspecies relations.
BiblioDiva said…
Working in a public library allows one to see all manner of freakiness.