About Yesterday's Post

Folks, it's only June. Things are going to get a lot worse. I also think people are going to see a side of America that they never knew existed. Never dreamed existed.

Yes, a black man is the presumptive nominee for a major political party, but that does not mean there aren't plenty of people to make and sell items like yesterday's post. There are also plenty of people to buy them.

Hold on America, it's going to be a bumpier ride.

Comments

artemisia said…
Oh, I think you are right. It could be a hopeful time, but it could also be a very frightful time.
BiblioDiva said…
Artemisia, a lot of people have pinned a lot of hopes on Obama being able to heal America's racial rifts. That's ridiculous. One man can't do that.

Obama's presidential run represents hope for many people, and fear for many other people. It's the manifestation of those fears that's going to surprise a lot of Americans.
hscfree said…
I know I am late to this discussion, but I agree wholly with bibliodiva. This is going to be an eyeopener for those who are Generation X and younger. The racial claws are going to come out. Is it no surprise that in a recent poll, more Americans dislike Michelle Obama that Cindy McCain? If you looked at their personal histories, as well as their relationships with their husbands, Cindy is the one who is suspect, not Michelle. Yet, Michelle is the one people focus on.