Wil. E. Coyote, Super Genius

I am evidence that graduating from two fine public postsecondary institutions does not guarantee common sense. It only guarantees book sense. (That doesn't really guarantee book sense either. It means I was stubborn enough to stick out 4 year and 2 year degree programs.)

I'm usually good at planning ahead and sorting out how things are going to work. There are some pitfalls to this. Sometimes I think too much and don't always act in a timely manner. Oddly other times, I'm so focussed on the plan that I do not see what's happening right in front of me, and I miss something big.

Then there are times when I don't think at all. At times like that, I end up with results like this biscuit.

Instead of heating up the entire oven for one biscuit, I put it in my toaster oven. My toaster oven comes with a baking sheet; however this morning, I decided not to use the baking sheet. I thought putting the biscuit directly on the rack would create a crispier biscuit.

I have no idea why it didn't occur to me that the baking dough would form around the rack. Maybe 'cause the dough was frozen when I put it in the toaster oven.

So learn from my mistake. When you bake your biscuits in a toaster oven, be sure to use a baking sheet.

Comments

sheree said…
I laughed so hard at the picture I had almost had an accident (pronounced AXsadent)....

And now we can say, "You know BiblioDiva ain't got sense 'nuf to cook biscuit on a tin foil pan."

I wish I'd been there.

Was yo mamma there? What she say?
BiblioDiva said…
MMTM was not here. If she had been, she would have surely stopped me from baking a biscuit without the baking sheet.

I honestly have no idea why I did it other than to see what would happen and to possibly produce a crispier crust.