Use Your Time Wisely

Work
The past two weeks at work have been physically and emotionally tiring. I've felt like I've been five steps behind where I should be. I'm almost caught; however, I have a major product roll out at the end of the week, and that contains many opportunities for becoming completely derailed.


Family
About a year ago, LJ and JM adopted Tiny J (who is not as tiny anymore). I showed up on their doorstep with homemade macaroni and cheese and a bouquet of balloons in hopes they would let me hold Tiny J. Watching him grow has been a complete and utter joy. When he looks up at me and smiles, my heart dances a little. Tiny J now has a new sister, LuLu. Once again, I showed up on LJ and JM's doorstep with homemade macaroni and cheese, and they let me hold LuLu. LuLu has the kind of sweet, fat cheeks that made me want to kiss them. So, of course I did. She rewarded me with a darling smile. I'm looking forward to watching her grow up.


Food
There's a seasonal farmer's market near my apartment. They started in early May and they'll be open through October. Last Sunday I ran out of cash before I could buy everything that I wanted. This time I planned accordingly, and I bought strawberries, beets, snap peas, cranberry orange bread, fresh organic eggs, and collards. I am looking forward to eating well this week. The beets will be roasted and go into a salad. The snap peas will be steamed and sauteed in a little bit of olive oil. The eggs will become a omelet. The collards will be braised. If I can remember to buy some more flour, I'll make cornbread.

Comments

artemisia said…
What is it with work lately? This week's schedule could quite literally kill me. I wish I was kidding. I hope your project goes well - I'll be sending good karma your way.

You got to meet Lulu!! How is LJ and JM?!?! Oh, I am going to have to give them a call this week. Woo hoo!!!!

Our farmers' market opens -- July 4. We have such a short season. It closes by mid-October. Oh, but I can't wait for the fresh raspberries and peaches!
BiblioDiva said…
Last week kicked me too. I'm already looking forward to next week. I'll send good, energizing thoughts your way too.

I imagine LJ and JM will be sending out photos soon. Once you see her you'll know what I mean about her cheeks.

mmmmm....fresh peaches....so yummy!