I decided I have too much stuff and some of it needs to go. Today is Stage One of FAST.
Fix a time.
Anything not used for twelve months has to go.
Someone else's stuff has to go.
Trash has to go.
This isn't my concept. It's from Peter Walsh's book, It's All Too Much. He's from TLC's Clean Sweep. The subtitle includes the phrase "easy plan." It's easy to let go of stuff if you're not attached to it. If you have some sort of emotional attachment, no matter how crazy the reason, it's hard to get rid of that stuff.
Well, here are the results of my first 2 1/2 hours of work:


Fix a time.
Anything not used for twelve months has to go.
Someone else's stuff has to go.
Trash has to go.
This isn't my concept. It's from Peter Walsh's book, It's All Too Much. He's from TLC's Clean Sweep. The subtitle includes the phrase "easy plan." It's easy to let go of stuff if you're not attached to it. If you have some sort of emotional attachment, no matter how crazy the reason, it's hard to get rid of that stuff.
Well, here are the results of my first 2 1/2 hours of work:
Your eyes are not deceiving you. That's two boxes of books. They're heading to the local public library for their book sale or to Books for America. Yep, that's how serious I am. I am planning on weeding about half of my library.
If there's something you want, let me know. I'm keeping all of my cookbooks, anthologies, and most of the Black Lit. Everything else...it is going to a new home.
Comments