FAST Update
My first attempt at FAST ended with 10 large garbage bags going down the dumpster chute, 2 boxes of books for the library book sale, 1 bag of books for Books for America, and one box for Goodwill. One of the garbage bags was full of shredded documents. I would have made more progress on the books if I hadn't run out of bags and boxes. The next go round at FAST will result in more books leaving my home. After I described updating my library catalog as being tedious and tiresome, Library Dude still agreed to help me. I agreed to make him dinner if he would help me. Perhaps I'll make him recipes from this book.
A few years ago I gave up on sending out Christmas cards. I decided to send out Valentine's Day cards. This year I used my lovely Gocco to print the cards. White text (Happy Valentine's Day y'all!) on red folded cards. I bought a lovely white pen so the addresses would show up on the chocolate brown envelopes. I have received some nice compliments on the black envelopes. From several people, including MMTM.
Come on! I'm neither Goth nor depressed (anymore). My outlook on life is sunny enough to prevent me from sending out red and black Valentine's Day greetings. Next year I'll pick different colors.
That BugI have managed to avoid The Bug/Flu that has been sweeping the country. Over the coming two weeks, I'll be flying to a conference in GA and traveling to MA for some family fun. Large crowds, small spaces, recirculated air. I'm going to start taking Airborne tonight and every four hours until March 3.
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Flu Activity and Surveillance
President's Day
MKWF sent me an email today with the subject line: "Happy Soon to Be Black President's Day". Yes, I laughed, 'cause really, how could I not? I laughed even harder when I opened the email and saw that it had absolutely nothing to do with the Presidency. It was a question about using some Microsoft software. That is why I refer to him as My Kind Wacky Father.
Comments
It went like this:
Me: "Yay! My Valentine's Day card from Bibliodiva!"
A.: The librarian that wears leather pants?"
Me: "Yes. That's her! Look at the pretty card!"
A.: "Does she ALWAYS wear leather pants?"
I swear by Airborne.
Happy to hear Library Dude seems up for the challenge!
And alas, I need to lose about 10 lbs before I comfortably get back into those pants.
And...good for you sending Valentine's Day cards to friends. I think it is a wonderful idea.