Cats Not on Hot Tin Roof

Dear Neighbor,

Last night when I returned home it was dark, raining, windy, and the temperature was below 40 degrees. The wind was strong enough to blow the rain onto my balcony; therefore, it was probably blowing onto your balcony as well.

My barely surviving plants did not seem to mind this weather. Your meowing cats are a different matter. They were clearly unhappy about being outside in this weather. I could hear them from your third floor balcony and across the parking lot.

The first time I saw your two cats, one of them was leaping onto the balcony railing and walking along it. The second time I saw your cats, it was snowing outside and they were meowing to be let inside. Or maybe, they were meowing because their little paws couldn’t form and throw snowballs at passersby.

Nobody should have to tell you this…just because they have fur, doesn’t mean they’re supposed to be outside in inclement weather.

I have a clear view of your balcony from my balcony. Please do not force me to launch a trebuchet’s worth of literature on pet care onto your balcony or through your window.

Kind regards,

The Crazy Cat Lady Librarian

Comments

artemisia said…
Oh, those poor kitties! There little feet must have been so cold...

I am glad you are watching out for them. I can fly out there if a rescue is in order and you want a partner!