It could look worse.

Exlaian and I had dinner together tonight to celebrate her birthday. After dinner as we strolled to the Apple store, we passed Lush. I mentioned their bath bombs and soaps and Exlaian said she had never heard of Lush. Of course, as a good product junkie, I had to introduce her to the wonders of Lush. We sniffed and sniffed and spread creams on our hands and poked jiggly things. The sales associate tried to sell us shampoo bars, and they smelled and looked good but all I could think was, "How in the world am I gonna' rinse that completely out of my locs?"

We left Lush and headed to a maternity clothing store. There's a lot of stylish, beautiful maternity clothes out there. Unfortunately, very few of it was in that store. Exlain picked out a few things. I picked out a few things. She headed into the dressing room. She laughed. She said, Oh, my. She came out of the dressing room.

I said, "Well, it's not the worst fit I've seen."

She raised an eyebrow and went back into the dressing room.

This went on for about 30 minutes.

I tried to sound encouraging while being honest. I said things like, "I'm sure it will look better on you than on the hanger" and "That's not the best fit for your body" and "That wouldn't look good on anybody."

We both laughed as she continued to try on skirts and pants. At one point, the sales associate was laughing at us. Which is fine. We've been practicing our act for over 19 years now. It's a good act.

And I'm looking forward including her child in our act and telling Little Exlaian about my adventures with Exlaian.

Comments

artemisia said…
ooooh, I discovered Lush when I lived in England. You did a good thing by introducing Exlaian to those lovely, lovely bath balls!

You are so fortunate to be able to spend such quality time with Exlaian. This makes me want to schedule yet another trip out to see my sister and shop for maternity clothes with her.
hscfree said…
Okay, I give. What's Lush? I think I am cashing in some of my guy credits here.
BiblioDiva said…
Lush sells absolutely fabulous bath products. They also have a men's line. Go take a look: http://www.lush.com/

Going into one of their stores is a little overwhelming because the smells all come together.