Crafty Valentine's Day!

Last week I had a breakthrough moment at work. Instead of feeling completely overwhelmed, I only felt overwhelmed. I was reassured that it'll take about a year to become completely grounded, and that makes me feel a little better. In terms of the external expectations. Internally though, I don't want to wait that long.

I've started trying to line up my knitting projects for the spring and summer. I just finished knitting and felting a camera case for myself. I'm pleased with it how it turned out. If I were to do it again, I would make it a little bigger or embroider my initials on it.

My parents gave me a sewing machine for Christmas, and it's making me really want a craft room. Someplace well lit with a table at the right height so I can sew and knit at ease. I checked some sewing books out of the library, and some things are starting to come back to me. I haven't used a sewing machine in about ten years.

Oh, yeah, and I made some Valentine's Day cards! The embossing didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but I'm still pleased with the results. I've already started designing my Christmas cards. In theory this means, I'll send Christmas cards out in 2007 instead of Valentine's Day cards. We'll see how it goes.

Comments