I met up with L, the Short One and J the Tiny One (Thanks to Artemesia for coming up with those nicknames!) at Eastern Market over the weekend. Once again it's Nittany Apple season. So I bought seven apples, a bunch of beets, and some Siberian Kale. After I finished at Eastern Market, I headed to Cheesetique for some cheese to go into a Beet Salad. One of the fabulous things about Cheesetique is the Cheese History. Provide your phone number, and they keep a record of your purchases. If you can't remember the cheese(s) you bought the last time you were in, they look it up and tell you.
The Point Reyes Cheese was melt in your mouth, clean, and crumbly. That salad was fabulous.
And the Siberian Kale...I cut it into strips, sauteed it with a little olive oil and butter and some minced garlic and sprinkled on some kosher salt and black pepper...oh...wonderful fresh fruit and vegetables!
Go now to your local Farmer's Market and get something. Go! Go!
The Point Reyes Cheese was melt in your mouth, clean, and crumbly. That salad was fabulous.
And the Siberian Kale...I cut it into strips, sauteed it with a little olive oil and butter and some minced garlic and sprinkled on some kosher salt and black pepper...oh...wonderful fresh fruit and vegetables!
Go now to your local Farmer's Market and get something. Go! Go!
Comments
I thought Eastern Market burned down? Was it really only a small fire? Did DC move to re-build so fast?
Our little farmers' market only runs from mid- to late-June until late September. But, the local food co-op gets its produce from to local farms and some local greenhouses.