There's no 'i' in team, but there is in 'dire'

Today I had to participate in a team building activity at work. The nice thing about the activity was they served us breakfast....scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, pastries, juice, coffee and tea. (But no water.) I worked really hard on summoning a good attitude for the aforementioned activity. I managed to make it to "not a bad attitude."

So, the team building activity was to spend 30 minutes creating an original "tale" that used 15 words in any form, contained a graphical element, and your team name had to be based on a movie, TV show or book.

Here are the 15 words:

tremendous
crinkled
bland
comfortable
ancient
bumble bee
carrot
boy scout
Jerry Springer
Britney Spears
enunciated
laugh
irrigate
gestured
amaze

I convinced my group that we should do a series of haikus. One of the most reluctant people to do the haikus turned out to be the Haiku Master. Our team name was "Celebrity Poet Society" and our series of haikus were called "No Victory Garden with Springer and Spears."

We won the award for "Most Clever" Presentation. I got orange Play-doh as my prize.

Here it is:

No Victory Garden with Springer and Spears


Uncomfortable
the boy scout irrigated
the garden carrot.

Gesturing Jerry
crinkled the Springer car
on the garden fence.

Enunciation
is not a strength of singer
Britney Spears he laughed.

Ancient bumblebee
tremendously amazed that
flowers don’t taste bland.

Comments

Sarah said…
Brilliant example
Good lyrical imagery
Spread the haiku love
Jameil said…
lolol. and i love that you managed to make it to "not a bad attitude." so funny. all morning work stuff should include REAL breakfast. i get mad when we get bagels. i don't eat bagels!