The vet called me last night with Annie's lab results. Her message was, "I would like to talk with you about Annie's lab results. She is fine. Please give me a call."
What? If everything is fine, why do you want to talk with me? What's wrong with my cat?
Last night I dreamed that a little boy was attacking Annie and I couldn't beat him off of her. I was kicking and screaming at him and hitting and he wouldn't let go of her. I woke up feeling exhausted. (I told my mother about my dream and her response was, "I'm sorry, little boys are not always thoughtful, Big Boys either for that matter." See why I love her so?)
I talked with the vet this afternoon. She said Annie's lab results look good. Her thyroid is a little on the high normal side, but we'll keep an eye on it in the future.
Annie's weight is also on the high side. My kitty needs to lose 2 lbs. The vet jokingly said, She's going on the Atkins Diet. All moist food. No carbs for Annie! Meat! She eats meat from now on!
She needs to lose a 1/2 lb every 4 - 6 weeks until she's down to 11.7 lbs. I'm supposed to get on the scale and weigh myself. Then pick up Annie and weigh the two of us. Great. Just great. I'm going to get a bi-weekly reminder that my cat and I are out of shape and need to lose a few pounds. Here's a depressing thought? What if my cat is more successful at losing weight than I am?
The next 4 - 6 months are going to be long. Very long.
What? If everything is fine, why do you want to talk with me? What's wrong with my cat?
Last night I dreamed that a little boy was attacking Annie and I couldn't beat him off of her. I was kicking and screaming at him and hitting and he wouldn't let go of her. I woke up feeling exhausted. (I told my mother about my dream and her response was, "I'm sorry, little boys are not always thoughtful, Big Boys either for that matter." See why I love her so?)
I talked with the vet this afternoon. She said Annie's lab results look good. Her thyroid is a little on the high normal side, but we'll keep an eye on it in the future.
Annie's weight is also on the high side. My kitty needs to lose 2 lbs. The vet jokingly said, She's going on the Atkins Diet. All moist food. No carbs for Annie! Meat! She eats meat from now on!
She needs to lose a 1/2 lb every 4 - 6 weeks until she's down to 11.7 lbs. I'm supposed to get on the scale and weigh myself. Then pick up Annie and weigh the two of us. Great. Just great. I'm going to get a bi-weekly reminder that my cat and I are out of shape and need to lose a few pounds. Here's a depressing thought? What if my cat is more successful at losing weight than I am?
The next 4 - 6 months are going to be long. Very long.
Comments
Over the summer I've been walking the dogs twice a day whenever possible. It's been great; Buster has lost at least half the weight he needs to drop. Woo hoo!
I, on the other hand, have gained every pound Buster has lost.
Good luck - I am sure both you and Annie will find yourselves in a healthier place by Christmas!