A guy came into the library and asked if we had any copies of the Harry Potter movies. The other librarian said, I'll check for you. I looked at The Guy and said, The library owns copies of the movies, but at this particular point in time, I'll be really surprised if there are any copies in any of the branches. The other librarian turned to him, and said, They're all checked out. The Guy said, How many copies of the latest books do you have on the shelves? I chuckled and said, We have 35 copies and they never made it to the shelves. There were over 80 holds on those 35 copies. I would imagine that anybody who really really wants the book right away would go out and buy it. He said, Hardbacks are expensive. The Other Librarian said, It's $22.04. I got my copy yesterday morning. The Guy laughed and walked away.
After I left the library, I stopped to get dinner, and as I was waiting at the bar for my order, I pulled out a copy of the first Harry Potter book. The guy behind the bar looked at the book and said, So, you're getting caught up? And I responded, I've seen all of the movies, but I haven't read any of the books. This is the first one. He smiled and said, The movies were good, but the books are even better.
Everybody keeps telling me that. I'm willing to invest the time to find out if I agree with them.
After I left the library, I stopped to get dinner, and as I was waiting at the bar for my order, I pulled out a copy of the first Harry Potter book. The guy behind the bar looked at the book and said, So, you're getting caught up? And I responded, I've seen all of the movies, but I haven't read any of the books. This is the first one. He smiled and said, The movies were good, but the books are even better.
Everybody keeps telling me that. I'm willing to invest the time to find out if I agree with them.
Comments
And I agree with Lisa...you should become a Friend of the Library.