Grrr…Technology

On Saturday I was in Boston for a friend’s bridal lunch, and I remembered to bring along my trusty digital camera. I also remembered to take out the camera and use it. I did not remember how to change the picture formatting so that I could take more than four pictures before filling up the memory card. I figured it out after the lunch was over. Grrrrr.

On Sunday at the Library, I helped a woman who was completed befuddled by her college’s financial aid website. The first problem was she wrote down the URL incorrectly. Then she couldn’t figure out how to navigate the website. She logged out of the site, but couldn’t figure out how to get back to it. That’s when I wrote down the correct URL for her. Then she couldn’t figure out why she couldn’t figure out why the website kept logging her out. The problem turned out to be she had successfully submitted her information, and that’s why when she clicked on “Next”, she was logged out. I figured it out because I skimmed the website. When I explained what the website said, she said thank you and I wandered back to the Reference Desk.

Yeah…technology is great when it doesn’t overwhelm you.

Comments