The heat index is one hundred something degrees and my cat is sitting outside on the balcony. She is just basking in the sunlight. Sprawled out on the hot concrete. Every once in a while she leaps up to menace a bird that's flying by. Then she lays back down. Sometimes she ambles over to my watering pail and drinks out of it. Then more sprawling on the hot concrete. When I call her inside she looks a bit indignant. I keep thinking, "It's hot out there. You have a fur coat. Come inside where it's air conditioned." She looks at me like I don't know what I'm missing.
I miss having a washer and dryer in my apartment. I had them in my previous apartment and when I moved into this one, I thought, I really won't miss them that much. I was wrong. Today I realized what I missed the most. It's not the convenience of being able to do laundry whenever I want. It's not the inconvenience of having to remember to add money to my Laundry Debit card. It's not the convenience of being able to leave my clothes in the dryer as long as I want. What I really miss is knowing that a complete stranger will not be touching my underwear. That's what I really miss.
I miss having a washer and dryer in my apartment. I had them in my previous apartment and when I moved into this one, I thought, I really won't miss them that much. I was wrong. Today I realized what I missed the most. It's not the convenience of being able to do laundry whenever I want. It's not the inconvenience of having to remember to add money to my Laundry Debit card. It's not the convenience of being able to leave my clothes in the dryer as long as I want. What I really miss is knowing that a complete stranger will not be touching my underwear. That's what I really miss.
Comments