I am a firm believer in acknowledging one's addictions in as timely a fashion as possible. With that said, I have to confess that I am addicted to YouTube. Where else can one possibly expect to find all of those long lost videos of the 1980s. Just this morning, I was grooving to Human League ("Mirror Man," " Lebanon," and "Love Action"), Vanessa Williams ("Right Stuff"), Curiosity Killed the Cat ("Misfit"), and Lisa Stansfield ("You Can't Deny It," "This is the Right Time," and "What Did I Do to You?"). I have found videos for Scritti Politti, Jody Watley (I mean how many of you remember the "Still a Thrill" extended video?). But I have to say that the true find was the MC Hammer video for the song "Pump It Up." I doubt that there is a single person out there who listened to some form of rap in the 1980s who did not get up and start dancing to that Hammer video. I mean how else were you supposed to learn the hottest dances of the moment (like the Running Man and the Roger Rabbit) to take to the next party on campus (or The Grounds for all of you UVA folks)? I am now on the search to see how many Duran Duran, Arcadia and Power Station videos are out in the world of YouTube.
Comments
I am so easily overwhelmed and the YouTube interface might be too much for me to handle! MySpace makes my brain explode.