Earlier this year, I planted some seeds and attempted to grow strawberries, lettuce, and pansies. Lynda did her best to tutor me in the ways of container gardening, but just about everything died. I over watered. I planted too many seeds in a container and didn't weed enough. (Weeding is vital whither you're working in a library or in a garden.) Out of everything I planted, I have one lettuce sprout coming up and the pansies are doing well.
Last Saturday morning Lynda and I went to Home Depot and I bought some plants: strawberries and blueberries. I'm optimistic that I won't kill these plants. The strawberries look absolutely lovely and the blueberries already have some flowers on them. I should get blueberries from one plant this year, and the other plant should start producing next year. Lynda gave me a lovely tomato plant and I'm looking forward to fresh tomatoes.
I decided to go for broke and plant the reminder of my lettuce and pansy seeds. I have plenty of potting soil, and the worst that will happen is these plants will die too. I plan on weeding with a firmer hand, fertilizing them, and not giving them too much water. I am cautiously optimistic.
Now I have to come up with a way to keep Annie from eating the plant leaves and the birds from eating the berries.
Last Saturday morning Lynda and I went to Home Depot and I bought some plants: strawberries and blueberries. I'm optimistic that I won't kill these plants. The strawberries look absolutely lovely and the blueberries already have some flowers on them. I should get blueberries from one plant this year, and the other plant should start producing next year. Lynda gave me a lovely tomato plant and I'm looking forward to fresh tomatoes.
I decided to go for broke and plant the reminder of my lettuce and pansy seeds. I have plenty of potting soil, and the worst that will happen is these plants will die too. I plan on weeding with a firmer hand, fertilizing them, and not giving them too much water. I am cautiously optimistic.
Now I have to come up with a way to keep Annie from eating the plant leaves and the birds from eating the berries.
Comments
And, the strawberries out in the front garden aren't looking too good. But I don't blame myself for these little guys' fate. I blame THE SNOW WE HAD ALL WEEKEND.
Boo whoo!