She blinded me with science!

Happy Election Day. I hope you voted.

If you haven't already done it, sign up for the alerts from FactCheck.org.

The following has nothing to do with the election, other than it made me chuckle. And I'm deeply concerned that the election results won't make me chuckle.

Me: I'm getting annoyed b/c I can't find the data I need.
Me: Well...more accurately...I can't find a free reliable source.
exlaian: Ah yes
exlaian: I hate it when that happens
Me: It exists in a database that I can't access.
exlaian: if you were a corporate minion I bet you could get in
Me: and there isn't a local university library that has it.
Me: doubtful...
Me: I would be surprised if The Corporation needs venture capital funding.
exlaian: kaufman
exlaian: try them
Me: already did.
exlaian: dag but you are good
exlaian: did you try any of the entreprenuer schools?
exlaian: USC has one and there is one up in like vermont or something
Me: Kaufman, Pratts, the Diana Project, SBA...
Me: tried them all.
exlaian: what is this mystery dbase and why won't they let you in?
Me: It's a proprietary database.
Me: or however you spell it.
exlaian: ah
Me: VentureXpert.
Me: (Link: http://www.thomson.com/content/financial/brand_overviews/VentureXpert) http://www.thomson.com/content/financial/brand_overviews/Ventu(Link: http://www.thomson.com/content/financial/brand_overviews/VentureXpert)reXpert
exlaian: does it have to be THAT database?
Me: No.
Me: Something comparable.
exlaian: (Link: http://www.boogar.com/resources/venturecapital/database_networks.htm)http://www.boogar.com/resources/venturecapital/database_networks.htm
Me: "Developed by a team of industry experts and library scientists..."
Me: that sentence makes me want to say...
Me: BWA-HA-HA-HA....
exlaian: you need more beakers and Bunsen burners at your desk
Me: I KNOW!
exlaian: hee
Me: I'm picturing them in lab coats.
Me: and goggles.
exlaian: and those wrap around glasses
exlaian: hee!
Me: pencils stuck in their hair.
exlaian: master in library science
exlaian: hee
Me: looking all geeky.
Me: I wonder why they didn't say...
Me: librarians.
exlaian: lots of dry ice smoke
Me: or if they didn't want to use the L word...
Me: information professionals.
exlaian: I like library scientists - its just funnier
exlaian: hee
Me: It is.


Comments