I deeply regret that "Launch a pumpkin from a cannon" was not on my list of things to do 'cause that's what I did on Saturday. Instead of spending the morning crafting, exlaian and I drove out to Great Country Farms in Bluemont so that we could watch pumpkins be launched from an air cannon. When we headed for the farm we didn't realize that we would be allowed to push the button that fired the cannon. Here's how it works...you pick your pumpkin from a bin and hand it to the cannon operator. I'm sure there's a technical military term for the guy that fires the cannon and one day I'll look it up. He loads your pumpkin into the cannon, adjusts the air pressure, then gives you the thumbs up. After you get the thumbs up, you push the firing button. And with any luck, your pumpkin goes sailing into the air. There were a few dud pumpkins that exploded as they came out of the pumpkin and they didn't get any distance behind them.
And yes, later on we can have a conversation about the pacifist enjoying firing a vegetable from a pumpkin and endorsing the use of a weapon for enjoyment...for now let me continue to enjoy this...
If I can figure out how to unload the video exlaian took with her phone, I'll post it. It's definitely not YouTube worthy.
Comments