Family Time

I had a lovely visit with my parents and sister in GA last week. Every time I drive down I-95, I think, "I'm never gonna' make this drive again," and I keep making that drive. It's a boring, boring drive. On the way home, I had pull over every two hours to make sure I stayed awake. Annie eventually stopped coming out of her carrier to see if we were home yet.

While in GA, I found the perfect button for Shepherd's bib. It's a little sheep! Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm going for the obvious, but it's an adorable button. Shepherd's Parents also sent out birth announcements, and he looks so lovely and beautiful in the picture. Shepherd's Mother confided that being a new mother is hard and she doesn't know how other women make it look so easy. I assured her that they're having just as hard a time she's having...they're just not showing it. And at the time we had this conversation, she had been a mother for 2 1/2 weeks.

I checked the Greencine website and discovered that they've changed their documentary list. The list now has some DVDs on it that I haven't seen. I'll add those movie to my Netflix queue, but not to the list of movies I need to see before being able to cross that item off my list.

I've started looking at seed catalogs and picking out seeds, bulbs, plants for my container garden. I got a list from the ASPCA of plants that are toxic to cats, and I'm feeling a little discouraged. It's an obscenely long list. Many of the things I wanted to plant are on the list.

Sarah liked her present of a handfelted bag that contained about 35 squished pennies. The bag was my first felting project, and I'm pleased with how it came out. (I did take pictures, but I haven't developed the roll of film yet. Yes, yes, I know...get a digital camera.) I plan on felting a few more things for Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, I've started my Christmas crafting...have you?

Comments