Hats and Splints

I finished knitting the baby hats to donate to the local hospital. Instead of knitting the 10 hats for ChemoCaps, I decided to knit 10 baby hats to donate to the local hospital. I originally decided to knit the 10 hats because I had lots of left over yarn from various projects and I wanted to put it to good use. When I started the project I didn't feel comfortable knitting in the round. That was over a year ago, and now that I can knit in the round! I finished the last three hats using the original pattern and that means I had 10 hats that had seams to be sewn. My knitting skills have improved, but I have a long way to go on my finishing techniques. If you do a good job, you shouldn't be able to see the seam from the outside of the finished product. I hoping that the families who get these baby hats won't mind that you can find the seams.

I took Annie to the vet on Tuesday morning because she developed a slight limp. The vet examined her, diagnosed a "sprained elbow" and prescribed an anti-inflammatory. Thankfully it was in liquid form and the syringes were already filled. All I had to do was catch Annie and squirt the stuff in her mouth. The vet also advised that I "limit Annie's activities." She's a cat. How in the world do you limit a cat's activities? I can't cage her. I did take her toys away from her and I tried to make it easier for her to get into bed, but beyond that, I was at a loss.

Today was the final dose of the anti-inflammatory, and Annie is definitely moving a great deal better. Unfortunately the limp hasn't completely gone away. If she's not better in a few days, we're going back to the vet, and they'll x-ray her elbow. I'm just curious, do they make splints for kitties?

Sitting by the DVD Player:
Roll Bounce

On the way from NetFlix:
The Gleaners and I
Scratch

Just returned to NetFlix:
Sound and Fury
One Day in September

Comments