Breaking 100

Bowl for the Gusto will be an annual birthday event. The only things I wanted to do were have a good time and break 100. The first game I bowled 106 and for the next two games, my scores dropped. Dramatically. I must have done more yelling and cheering than I thought because when I woke up Saturday morning I was parched and my throat was sore.

It was wonderful having Sarah in town. I haven't seen her since she got married two years ago. She did bring her own teabags and she scratched Annie's belly. Sarah also brought Annie a cat toy that was immediately pounced upon and chewed on and slobbered on. I didn't take any pictures during the visit, but Sarah took plenty of them.

As we walked around DC I was reminded that I know pretty much nothing about architecture and trees. Sarah kept asking about the architectural style of a building and my standard answer became "romanate." For trees, the answer was "crepe myrtle." Yeah, I know romanate isn't a style, but if I didn't know the answer, it really didn't matter what I said. I need to add, "read up on architectural styles" to my list of things of do.

Liane baked me a fabulous birthday cake. She didn't make the mistake of so many others that believe chocolate cake is yellow cake with chocolate frosting. That's not a chocolate cake. Chocolate cake has chocolate batter and some kind of yummy filling and frosting. Liane's cake had a boiled sugar frosting and a chocolate ganache filling. Now that, my friend, is chocolate cake.

Sitting by the DVD Player:
American Movie
Roll Bounce

On the way from NetFlix:
Genghis Blues

Just returned to NetFlix:
42 Up

Really. One day I'm going to watch Roll Bounce.

Comments