Remember me knitting the 7 scarves for the bridesmaids? That wedding was Saturday. I drove to MA to help with the wedding, and I cannot remember the last time I worked this hard over a two day period! I am whipped. I arranged flowers, folded napkins, set tables, hefted chairs around, had guest book duty (the one wedding job I have always found to be annoying), helped organize the ushers, lined people up for the processional into reception site, and kept the line going through the buffet. I think I maybe leaving out some other things... I was in bed by 8pm on Saturday night and I slept until 8am on Sunday.
By the time we got to my parent's apartment on Saturday night, my mother said, If you elope, I'll double whatever we planned to spend on the wedding.
The wedding started at 12:05. Guests were still showing up at 12:20 and asking, "Has it started yet?" I've been to some ceremonies where if you showed up 15 or 20 minutes after the start time you missed the entire deal.
Yesterday I ran a coupla' errands and curled up on my loveseat and watched "Wurthering Heights", "American Graffiti", and "Some Like It Hot." Back in the day, Laurence Olivier was The Man.
Comments