Jeffrey and I made it through "The Birth of a Nation." It was a lot of fun to watch the movie with another History major. We had a lively conversation about the historical inaccuracies. At one point I looked up something in the New York Public Library Desk Reference (a very inconsistent reference book), and he said, Oh, that's right, I forgot I was watching this at a Librarian's house. I smiled.
We thought about a Triple Feature of "Birth of a Nation," "Great Day in Harlem," and "4 Little Girls." Ideally, the last two movies would wash the taste of "Birth of a Nation" out of our mouths. "Birth of a Nation" is 3 hours and 7 minutes long. We had a single feature. The battle scenes and special effects were amazing, and it's easy to see why this movie made it on the AFI list. If you haven't seen it, add it to your Netflix queue.
We thought about a Triple Feature of "Birth of a Nation," "Great Day in Harlem," and "4 Little Girls." Ideally, the last two movies would wash the taste of "Birth of a Nation" out of our mouths. "Birth of a Nation" is 3 hours and 7 minutes long. We had a single feature. The battle scenes and special effects were amazing, and it's easy to see why this movie made it on the AFI list. If you haven't seen it, add it to your Netflix queue.
Comments