What's that rule? Measure twice, cut once. Yeah, well, I didn't measure, I did cut, and I discovered that I didn't buy enough speaker wire. So it's back to Best Buy this weekend for more speaker wire. Thanks to my fabulous parents, my iPod is now hooked up to my stereo, and it sounds good.
As I opened up my toolbox and rummaged around for my wire cutters I thought about a recent date I had. During one of our phone conversations, I mentioned that I had a swiss army knife and the guy said, "Girls don't have swiss army knives." My response was, "No. Women have swiss army knives." He then explained "girls" was an affectionate name for women (where to begin with that) and offered no cogent explanation for why girls or women don't need swiss army knives. That lead to a conversation about tool boxes and power tools and he wanted to know why I would need a tool box or power tools. He seemed genuinely baffled.
For many, many reasons, we did not have a second date.
Comments