I'm making progress on the AFI 100 Movies list. During December I saw Duck Soup, An American in Paris, and From Here to Eternity. I also saw Don't Look Back which is on the Greencine list. I have to tell you, I almost didn't finish Don't Look Back. I never quite understood the appeal of Dylan, and I hoped that documentary would help. It didn't. Instead I walked away from it thinking, What a jerk.
I managed to squeeze in a movie in the theater on December 31. I saw Ocean's Twelve. Not a good movie, but I caught the matinée so that wasn't too painful.
Netflix is offering a new feature where your friends can suggest movies to you. It also allows you to see how they've rated movies. Now my dearest friends can see my guilty DVD viewing pleasures (original tv version of Battlestar Galatica, anyone), and I can see theirs.
I am enamored with Baking By Flavor by Lisa Yockelson. I made the Ginger Pumpkin muffins and they were wonderful. I checked the book out of the library, but I need to buy it.
One plus note about work, I set up remote database access for our library patrons. I know, I know, plenty of libraries offer that feature, but for the past two years, I've been told that we couldn't do it. Nobody gave me a good reason why, and I finally did it.
Comments