I watched "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" this weekend and I finally know where the oft quoted line "We don't need no stinkin' badges" was originally said. The three gold prospectors are pinned down in the mountains by some banditos who declare themselves to be "federales". Humphrey Bogart says they don't look like "federales" and asks to see their badges. "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" is a morality tale about integrity and wealth, and how difficult it can be to hold onto the former while in desperate pursuit of the latter.
I also watched "The Day After Tomorrow." The special effects were absolutely amazing. The image of the giant tanker floating past the New York Public Library was simply incredible. And I was annoyed by the Librarian in the movie. Yeah, she saved the day by finding information to save a character's life, but come on! You're about to freeze to death. Start tossing some popular fiction into the fire! How many copies of Grisham, Clancy, Who Moved my cheese? or Chicken Soup for the Cranky Librarians Soul who does too much do you need! There I said it.
I hung out with LJ at Eastern Market and bought some tasty Nittany apples (they're a cross between Golden Delicious and York apples), and a bouquet of flowers. Once I got the flowers home, I remembered one of the reasons why I stopped buying fresh flowers. Annie was ready to commit wall scaling acts in order to get the flowers. I found one spot where the flowers should be safe from her. She's a smart, stubborn cat, and I have the feeling she's going to figure out how to get to the flowers and eat them.
I also watched "The Day After Tomorrow." The special effects were absolutely amazing. The image of the giant tanker floating past the New York Public Library was simply incredible. And I was annoyed by the Librarian in the movie. Yeah, she saved the day by finding information to save a character's life, but come on! You're about to freeze to death. Start tossing some popular fiction into the fire! How many copies of Grisham, Clancy, Who Moved my cheese? or Chicken Soup for the Cranky Librarians Soul who does too much do you need! There I said it.
I hung out with LJ at Eastern Market and bought some tasty Nittany apples (they're a cross between Golden Delicious and York apples), and a bouquet of flowers. Once I got the flowers home, I remembered one of the reasons why I stopped buying fresh flowers. Annie was ready to commit wall scaling acts in order to get the flowers. I found one spot where the flowers should be safe from her. She's a smart, stubborn cat, and I have the feeling she's going to figure out how to get to the flowers and eat them.
Comments