4. Make one recipe from each cookbook I own.
I own over 100 cookbooks. The majority of them are with me, the rest are still at my parents' house. I collect and read cookbooks the way I read any other book. Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything is a great all purpose cookbook except for his baking recipes. There's one muffin recipe that I finally notated..."This is the recipe you don't like." The blueberry muffins were dry and chewy, not moist and soft. I should have known better, the book is title, How to Cook Everything, not How to Bake Everything.
October is National Cookie Month, and my colleagues and I are celebrating by bringing cookies into work. I made the Butterscotch Oatmeal Lace Crisps from Moosewood Restaurant Book of Desserts by The Moosewood Collective. It's the first time I've made these cookies and I'm rather pleased with them. The next go around I'm going to up the flavoring from 1 teaspoon of vanilla to 1 1/2 teaspoons and a pinch of cinnamon. The recipe says these cookies are supposed to be lacey. Mine aren't. But they are chewy and soft.
15. Exercise 2 – 3 times per week for 3 consecutive months.
I work at a federal agency, and last week we got an email about the Healthier Feds program. I'm not ashamed to admit that the hook of tracking my progress online motivated me to sign up.
I own over 100 cookbooks. The majority of them are with me, the rest are still at my parents' house. I collect and read cookbooks the way I read any other book. Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything is a great all purpose cookbook except for his baking recipes. There's one muffin recipe that I finally notated..."This is the recipe you don't like." The blueberry muffins were dry and chewy, not moist and soft. I should have known better, the book is title, How to Cook Everything, not How to Bake Everything.
October is National Cookie Month, and my colleagues and I are celebrating by bringing cookies into work. I made the Butterscotch Oatmeal Lace Crisps from Moosewood Restaurant Book of Desserts by The Moosewood Collective. It's the first time I've made these cookies and I'm rather pleased with them. The next go around I'm going to up the flavoring from 1 teaspoon of vanilla to 1 1/2 teaspoons and a pinch of cinnamon. The recipe says these cookies are supposed to be lacey. Mine aren't. But they are chewy and soft.
15. Exercise 2 – 3 times per week for 3 consecutive months.
I work at a federal agency, and last week we got an email about the Healthier Feds program. I'm not ashamed to admit that the hook of tracking my progress online motivated me to sign up.
Comments